Thursday, April 7, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

April 7, 2011

I haven't posted in quite a while.  When I logged on today, I didn't realize that it had been such a very long time.  But it seems that it has.  The past few months have swirled around us and swept up all the stuff we have done and carried it along with the wind.  I continue to be amazed at how quickly time flies once you have a child.  Each day is precious, and brings a new accomplishment, and I have to remind myself each afternoon not to be too eager for bedtime.  For even though I will return to the bed for some much needed sleep, if I rush there each day, I will miss so much of the life that Jack is living.  And what an amazing life it has been so far. 

This time next week, Jack will be "1-year-old" and I simply cannot believe it.  Beginning this morning, we have been trying to enjoy every moment of the last week of his first year.  We slept late, thanks solely to Jack's desire to sleep late, which I really appreciated!  Then we went to work for a little while.  Now he's napping and once he's up, we are going to Zaxby's for a birthday cake milkshake.  It's as if they knew Baby Jack was approaching this milestone and brought it back for a limited engagement just in time.

We will probably enjoy our milkshake outside, for spring in Atlanta is a thing of beauty, and today she is wearing her finest garb.  Tomorrow, we are heading to Columbus to order a cake and food for the birthday party next Saturday.  I was going to do a "Doctors and Nurses" theme for the party and get scrubs and doctors kits for all the kids, but I think I am ready to begin letting go of Jack's difficult start to life.  I find comfort in all of the hospital memories, but I think that together, we are going to begin to move forward and find comfort in the future. 

Recently, we travelled to St Simon's Island to visit Jack's cousins Lizzie and Frankie, and Aunt Titi and Uncle Bo.  We had such a great time!!  Jack got to eat sand at the beach and drink pool water!  He has no patience for my OCD and germaphobia and insists that I just loosen up, and he'll be fine.  Below are a few photos of Jack on his big adventure!



I will endeavor to write more regularly and ask that if you are following this blog, please become a "Follower" by clicking on the followers button on the right of the page, near the top.  And if you feel like it, please leave a comment.  We'd love to know who is checking in on Jack's progress!

Have a great week, we sure will!

Love
Maggie and Jack 

5 comments:

  1. Maggie and Jack,

    Glad to see you guys having so much fun. I can't wait to get all of Parker's hospital memories behind us and move forward. You and Jack are truly inspirational to us.
    Hope you have a great 1st birthday, Jack!!!

    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one lucky Grandpa! Three great grandchildred. And such great parents they have. I love the picture of Larry, Curly and Moe!

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a while since you wrote and that may be a good thing. It means you are moving on with your wonderful life with Jack! I can not believe he will be 1 next week! That is just unreal. What a year it has been and look at how wonderful this year has ended. You could not ask for a better ending to such a scary start. So now every year for this rest of his life will be awesome! I was thinking about you today and thinking back when you didn't think you wanted to have children and I would tell you that you really needed to have at least one to complete your life. Now look at you! You are happier than you have ever been. I, along with lots of others are so proud of you. YOU & JACK ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, John Martin Laton, this afternoon you will be ONE YEAR OLD! What a ride you've had! So many of us have have had you on the top of our prayer list and how thankful we are for ALL the answered prayers! AIN'T GOD GOOD!?!!

    You and Mom have a great day...you have so much more lying ahead of you as the next year will bring many more milestones to be enjoyed.

    Love y'all! (And the neat photos above!)
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie & Jack,

    One magic year! A year of heartaches, heart hurts, heart fixin' and lots and lots of lovin', growin', learning and blossoming. For every fright and trial along the way there have been many, many prayers. Watching and praying from the far fringes has been a blessing and an honor. Good luck and happy birthday.

    Aunt Linda & I agreed with the late Jerry Glower, "Ain't God Good?!?!?"

    Love,
    Carol S.

    ReplyDelete