Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last week was wonderful!  Rather than celebrate the anniversary of Jack's birth on just one day, I felt he deserved a whole week to celebrate his life.  And so we did!  The celebration continued this weekend with a visit to Columbus for a birthday party with the family.  We had such a lovely time, and it was wonderful to see so many of the loved ones who had helped me, prayed with me, and loved on me while Jack was going through the first week of his life.

I went with a "Superman" theme, since no one can deny that this kid is pretty super!  The cake was from Publix, and they also give a free "smash cake" for the first birthday.  Photos of that event are a little later!


Jack seemed to really enjoy the party.  He is absolutely enamored with his cousins and crawled after them, and smiled and grabbed them whenever they came near




Jack loved his car, and Lizzie and Frankie made sure he had an exciting first drive.  I kept an eye on them, and it was a good thing, becuase they almost flipped Jack over backward, which he loved, of course.


 It didn't take him long to find the horn!


Doesn't he look precious in his birthday hat!?!?


SMASH CAKE!!!  I was pretty uncomfortable during this part of the festivities, but being Jack's mother is teaching me to let loose.  I resisted the urge to clean him up after every bite, and he had a ball!  He almost looks like he's challenging me to relax!  "Mommy, it's no big deal, you know."


Here he is blowing bubbles and crawling around the party.  Jack had a great day, loved on some folks, opened some presents and ate some cake.  Pretty good day!  He slept the whole way home, then had dinner, a bath, and went to bed again for the whole night.  Big day for my little boy!

3 comments:

  1. My heart is so warmed and full! Being with my "babies" and their babies is wonderful. Of course Jack's birthday seems special as this time last year we were all consumed with praying for him and hurting for him. Now we can all rejoice in his "superness". It makes me especially happy that Lizzie and Frankie are able to see Jack and "love on him" too.

    Granpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pecious pictures! He is just the happiest little boy! He is always smiling. Looks like he had a great birthday! I love his cakes & that was a great theme to go with because he is a SUPER BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What WONDERFUL pictures!! So Jack has his FIRST car!! He is a beautiful/handsome young lad and I'm glad you celebrated the whole week! I often find myself saying, "You are a product of your environment" and you have given this special child a great start in life.

    Can't wait to see his Easter pictures!! Take care and God Bless you both.
    LC

    ReplyDelete